Friday, March 13, 2009

EARLY SIGNS OF SPRING

These photos are a couple of weeks old - February! Even before the rains of this week, nature was starting to peek out at us. While I appreciate all the seasons, (which in Texas is really something like
W I N T E R spring SUMMER fall SUMMER WINTER) our fleeting springtime is truly the sweetest. Everything blooms, trees get greener by the day, the grass is soft and green, the colors are sharp and clean. I've learned not to blink and miss it, because all too soon summer takes over and we get about six months of hotness, which eventually wears us all out. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the warmth of the southern climate to a long drawn out winter with endless dark days of shivering. But for now, I'm in love with spring.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment